Through the application of digital approaches, Digital Pedagogy & Scholarship facilitates connections between coursework, undergraduate research, and scholarly engagement that extend beyond Bucknell.
Digital teaching and research are inherently interdisciplinary. DP&S emphasizes the various ways that digital scholarship and pedagogy both broaden and deepen available learning environments for students at Bucknell. Using digital tools, faculty and students develop a wider range of knowledge as they develop skill sets beyond their traditional academic designations. Further, the emphasis on process and experimentation inherent in the planning, development, and implementation of a digital project requires commitment, project management, reflection, and the development of interpersonal skills that are invaluable to students in their academic and professional careers.
DP&S, in collaboration with faculty, help:
- Develop digital literacies
- Generate new knowledge
- Brainstorm ideas for integrating digital approaches in research and pedagogy
- Connect faculty and students across disciplines
- Facilitate research opportunities across institutions
- Identify funding opportunities
- Understand and implement project plans and timelines
- Pinpoint service learning opportunities
- Recognize instances to integrate digital scholarship and pedagogy into the nine Bucknell educational goals
- Train Multimedia and Technology Consultants who are able to work with faculty and students